Garden Tractor Forums banner
2761 - 2780 of 2794 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trying to figure out the ignition. I have a Garden Squire Mark 12, and it ran off the trailer. I went to start it with the “key” (a screwdriver…seller never had the key), and it just spun the ignition. Little plastic bits came out, and I was screwed.
I haven’t found a replacement ignition that has only 4 tabs AND fits in the correct hole.

Also wondering if it might be the PTO safety switch. My PTO handle doesn’t stay tightened on the shaft. The set screw won’t “set”. Thinking of making a key way, or drilling through and cotter pinning it.

·
Super Moderator
54,618 Posts
Got the old Yazoo mower dug out. Fixing to probably scarp most of it, not anyone around here that would buy it. Had to get a new magneto (398811) for it. That did away with the points. Was just going to turn it over to check for spark, it started right up. This is the good old B&S Cast Iron 16 HP (326437-0318-01). Strong running engine that I plan to find another home for.
Thinking about making the deck for it into either a tow or push self-powered mower. It's 48" cut with nearly new blades and the spindles are in great shape. Frame on the deck is very stout. Can set it to 4.5-5" cutting height when needed.
Here's a pic of the old girl.
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Got the old Yazoo mower dug out. Fixing to probably scarp most of it, not anyone around here that would buy it. Had to get a new magneto (398811) for it. That did away with the points. Was just going to turn it over to check for spark, it started right up. This is the good old B&S Cast Iron 16 HP (326437-0318-01). Strong running engine that I plan to find another home for.
Thinking about making the deck for it into either a tow or push self-powered mower. It's 48" cut with nearly new blades and the spindles are in great shape. Frame on the deck is very stout. Can set it to 4.5-5" cutting height when needed.
Here's a pic of the old girl.
View attachment 402572
I saw somewhere that a guy dropped the deck off of something very similar and added forks. You could do that and still transplant the engine. As a forklift it wouldn't need nearly 16 horse.
Don

·
Super Moderator
54,618 Posts
I saw somewhere that a guy dropped the deck off of something very similar and added forks. You could do that and still transplant the engine. As a forklift it wouldn't need nearly 16 horse.
Don
Has a trans issue I cannot figure out. Not much info on these available! Bad part is my FF/20's, LGT 165 and others may have to follow this ones demise!

·
Super Moderator
54,618 Posts
It is always sad to see them go.
Don
True, but just no market down here for them. Now if someone wants to bring a trailer and some cash they may leave with a trailer loaded down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Figured since im done with cutting the grass and have the deck off ide do some well overdue maintenance. so i took the sides off my 430 last night to locate a oil leak and had to re weld the exhaust since it was cracked at the flange almost all the way around lol . the oil Seems to be coming from the oil pan gasket so hopefully a good scrubbing and tightening up the pan bolts will stop the leak.

Jeff
Baton Rouge Lawn Mowing Service

·
Super Moderator
54,618 Posts
Haven't started on it as yet, but will be getting this running soon. Owner has ordered a new coil and plug wires for it. He has another ag tire and the missing weight. I have the engine tins a few other parts.
Tire Wheel Tractor Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
54,618 Posts
It runs! Made up a list of parts for the owner to get!

Reactions: IHCubCadet147

·
Registered
52 Posts
Got one of my old simplicity's back up and purring not much was wrong with it other than some fuel related issues that was an easy fix and a leaky carb that was fixed fairly quickly by making a gasket for it ,Got a new battery (spent 100 bucks on it :] but still better than walmarts $149) And now shes ready for the winter season!

·
( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
784 Posts
Got my penncraft 1427 out and I completely sanded the white and took some parts off of it. I got a new coat of white and red put on the tractor. As some of the paint was flaking off and rust was going through. I got it looking really nice today. Even though the colors aren’t original
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Product
Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive design
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Mower

I also found a bit of the original teal under the white!

Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

·
( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
784 Posts
Fixed my cub cadet 1250’s exhaust box. Both top screws have stripped and rattled out. I put a self tapping screw in place and it holds it up real great.

Also put the soundproofing around the firewall edge to make a bit quieter. Although I did install it wrong so I will have to fix that. All in all tractors doing great!

·
( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
784 Posts
Reactions: IHCubCadet147

·
Super Moderator
54,618 Posts
2761 - 2780 of 2794 Posts