Garden Tractor Forums banner
2781 - 2794 of 2794 Posts

·
Super Moderator
54,618 Posts
Keeping the tractor. Not sure if keeping the plow setup. I need a box blade more.
Got a welder? If so, build one! I can fix you up with drawings for parts sizes.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Put tubes in front tires of LT166. Finished putting new fuel lines on end to end. Stole battery out of another machine, and it started quite easily even though the fuel lines, filter and pump are all brand new, and were bone dry. I pulled the deck off and pulled the blades, wire wheeled the bottom, welded up a couple of cracks that I have discovered, as well as a baffle that was flopping loose and getting in the way of the chute side blade, drove tractor around my yard for the first time since I hauled it home last spring.
Now to get some polycarbonate filler rod so that I can weld up a huge crack in the hood (I have 2, hot air plastic welders) paint the underside of the deck, wait for my new blades to arrive to put on, (one at chute side is bent from striking the loose deck baffle) and the deck can go back on. Then a test mow out at the storage barn and it can go away til spring... When it will most likely come out wearing a "for sale" sign, along with my Husqvarna and my Dixon. I hope prices next spring on used equipment is what it was this season.

·
( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
784 Posts
(No picture yet)

I added the front blade to my cub cadet 1250. And boy it was a challenge! Pictures coming soon

·
Registered
157 Posts
The back blade on another tractor scratched the pavers and concrete pretty bad so trying a polyurethane edge from a company called Fallline.

Stock 1/2" steel edge

3/4" poly edge

Put the tractor back together too but got done late so will run it on Monday and post a YT video of it!

·
Super Moderator
54,618 Posts
Changed the transaxle oil on the Case 224. Nasty stuff came out, had moisture in there! Should be much better now.

2781 - 2794 of 2794 Posts