Garden Tractor Forums banner
2801 - 2820 of 2843 Posts

· ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
1,045 Posts
Whacked my steering arm straight on my 782. Painted, and put new ends on the steering rod. Play in steering improved, but still need to do an alignment
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Before was bent upwards. After was straightened and painted black. (Only color I had)

· Registered
9,362 Posts
Nothing broke a drive belt.
So called orileys they are about 18$ each there. $2.72 each on amazon.
Bet those are FHP (Fractional Horse Power) belts. Good belt will run about 4 times that much or more and be a Kevlar belt that can stand the flexing.

· Registered
168 Posts
Today I worked on a JD 210 I had in the back to try and sell it but after everything that I did to it and driving it around, I think I am just going to keep it. It is a pleasure to drive around.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Rectangle Gas Skateboard truck Motor vehicle Terrestrial plant

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Plant Wheel Tire

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Sky

Took me two weeks working on it on my free time but I:
Rebuilt the wiring harness that was pretty badly chewed up
Cleaned the carb and replaced the float
Cleaned the fuel tank and valve from old and gummed up fuel
Replaced the fuel line
Cleaned the fuel pump
Installed a working ammeter gauge
Cleaned up and greased all the pivot joints/zerks
Fixed the brakes
Waiting on the belt tension handle to arrive
Changed the oil on the engine and in the transmission.

Still need to adjust the carb I think, it hunts when I first start it and smokes a little but once it warms up, its all good. Can anybody recommend me a fuel cap without a gauge? I've had two on two different tractors and both were broken. I'd like a simple vented cap if possible. Also, looking for a front headlight lens in good condition if anybody has a spare one laying around.

Thanks for looking.

· ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
1,045 Posts
Installed a cool ammeter on my 782. Has a backlight and wired it so when the headlights are on, it lights up.
Motor vehicle Audio equipment Electrical wiring Gas Cable

· ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
1,045 Posts

· Super Moderator
55,856 Posts
Having a bit of a challenge here on a 19.5 HP B&S single cyl., OHV engine. Surges terribly. I can adjust it out (on the carb) for low speed, but still surges when given any throttle. Adjust for high speed, surges at low. Has new carb, does the same thing as the old one. Engine #'s are 31P677 3373 G1.

· Super Moderator
55,856 Posts
Having a bit of a challenge here on a 19.5 HP B&S single cyl., OHV engine. Surges terribly. I can adjust it out (on the carb) for low speed, but still surges when given any throttle. Adjust for high speed, surges at low. Has new carb, does the same thing as the old one. Engine #'s are 31P677 3373 G1.
Not sure what happened. Took out the solenoid and drained the carb. Saw a couple real small 'floaties'. Put the solenoid back in and fired it back up played with the fuel adjustment screw and got it running pretty smooth at low & high speed.
On another note, had a guy bring me his deck. Tried to mow a tree stump, stump won. Broke the spindle loose from the deck. Took me 2 hrs. to get all the bolt loose to replaced both spindles. Didn't bend the blade somehow. Waiting on parts.

· Tractorholic
8,475 Posts
My son & DIL are on vacation this week so I cut their grass with their 2004 White GT 2550H . It’s been a pretty good tractor considering the terrain which it’s used . Not smooth at all wet is an understatement lol . I hit a rock that was hidden in some weeds about the size of a softball 🤦‍♂️ I could tell it bent a blade and the deck was crooked. We only live around the corner so brought it to my house . I noticed the steering was loose , wheels toed in . Figured it was time to look at that . After jacking you could see the axle was sloppy in its mount . After unbolting the forward mount you could see the frame was cracked around the pivot. I was telling the neighbor that I was working on it and he said he had a Cub that he was scrapping so I was welcome to any parts I wanted . Brought it over and removed all the front pieces and the axle pivots are the same but the kingpins on my sons were 3/4” vs 5/8” so that couldn’t be used without some work . I plasma cut the donnar tractors pivot section off . Because the metal is so thin i cleaned up my cut , opened the pivot hole on my sons for clearance and just welded it right on . The front mount had enough clearance in the holes nothing needed to be enlarged to get them to line up . After adjusting the toe , replacing the bent blade , adjusting the deck . It now steers and cuts good again
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle
Plant Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Riding mower Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

· ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
1,045 Posts
Decals are now on the 782. Also polished up the paint. And painted footrests. Looks great
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Tractor Plant Vehicle

Wheel Tire Tractor Riding mower Vehicle

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper

Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tractor

· ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
1,045 Posts
Tidying up the engine compartment. Painted the homemade heat shield black, and a better air filter cover made out of a paint can. Looks much more original than the previous set up.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Hood Automotive exterior

Before^ afterV
Gas Hood Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

Also installed

new air filter

new fuel filter

new spark plugs

new gas gauge

and everything else pictured. Much better.

· ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
1,045 Posts
Just installed new vredestein v61’s! Front tires really make the tractor steer easy! Also got some good tractor pictures.
Tire Wheel Plant Riding mower Tractor

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Plant Tread

Wheel Tire Plant Automotive tire Tread

· Super Moderator
55,856 Posts

· ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
1,045 Posts

· Registered
1,159 Posts
2801 - 2820 of 2843 Posts