finished up the flapper this morning and then while the paint was drying I tore apart the tail end so I could start fabing up some sort of mini sleeve hitch adapter so I can have a draw bar with adjustable height....
Well I finally made it work! The 5/8 belt fits fine in the pto clutch. I adjusted everything up and the deck now functions as it should. Need to grease the spindles up a bit. 1 pump only I know. Blades are nice and sharp. Mowed a tiny bit with it and no issues. Need a bolt and nut for the other side for the mule drive. Not sure what it’s called. But I’ll get one that fits. Mowed for about 20 mins to make sure stuff works, and it’s all good!
Saturday I used my 1450 to cut the backyard. Since I got my 882 and 1440, it hasn’t been getting much use this year. It was my main mowing tractor for the past few years.
I also did some road work with my 882 and 125 where it washed out a few weeks ago. Saturday after I cut grass, I went and dug the good gravel out of the ditch. Yesterday I spread most of it. There’s still a little left that I have to haul further up with the cart to fill ruts.
I had noticed the drag link ends on Alice's steering were getting very loose. Doing a search for new ends, I came across a thread on another forum suggesting to use ends from McMaster-Carr. Gave the part # so I looked them up:
McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.
Ordered a pair. Then I remembered I need some 1/2-20 all-thread. So I ordered that elsewhere, been cheaper to have gotten it all at one place.
The new ends are longer so I had to adjust the drag link length to accommodate them.
I found a straight spot and cut 2-3/8" out, beveled the cut ends and welded it back together.
I used blue lock-tite for the ends into the swivels, should work fine. The all thread pieces were cut 2-3/8" long also, give plenty of thread into each part. After the pics, I did some paint touch up and letting that dry before reinstalling the drag link.
I did quite a lot today. I did my last mow of the year. As the grass has quit growing where I am. I mowed for hours with 0 issues, then winterized my mower deck.
I then tightened up a loose lift bolt for the mower lift. Then I got my front blade on for size, and it works great!
I then removed my front blade because I got soil plowing still to do. Then I snugged all my implements in nice and cozy for the winter.
But when it snows, the front blade will be coming out.
Very happy with what I’ve got done. Also another thing. Some engine work was done recently. The engine was really low on power. Bogging down when mowing, and stalling randomly. Turns out, I needed to adjust the linkage, and remove some slop from the throttle arm. The govenor kicks in like a modern v twin now! Runs amazing. Only issue now is the weird idle surge I’m having. Put the throttle to idle one time, idles like it should. Put it down another time, and it surges. Will be making a thread with videos if anyone cares to help. Had a lot of fun.
I know so feel free to delete. My newest gt has 3 ranges, high low and super low. 5 forward gears. Locking front differential. 280cc overhead cam powerplant. 900 lb trailer tounge capacity. It was built some time in the 90's. Crafted in Japan. Beloved to this day by many a farmer. This will be the brides go garden tractor. And my tree, trailer, log splitter, firewood, dragging machine