Garden Tractor Forums banner
2821 - 2840 of 2843 Posts

· ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
1,045 Posts
Reactions: IHCubCadet147

· Super Moderator
55,856 Posts
Got a MF 1650 here! Chasing a no start with key issue. This has the rear PTO, finally found a wire had come loose from the switch after removing the seat pan. Hope to have it running soon.

· Super Moderator
55,856 Posts
Got the MF 1650 ready to go back home. Thought I'd post some pics of it.
Tire Wheel Grille Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle

Yes, I know there is a Snapper decal on the back.

· ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
1,045 Posts
Reactions: IHCubCadet147

· ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
1,045 Posts
782D is back with the original owner, and I got my implements!

50C mower deck with mule drive
42 Inch front blade with lift rod
Pto clutch
50lbs wheel weights (each)
12’ brinly plow

All in good shape!
Wood Mode of transport Grass Urban design Plant

Plant Wood Grass Groundcover Gas

Wood Plant Grass Groundcover Gas

Grass Road surface Asphalt Groundcover Gas

Plant Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Grass Automotive tire

Plant Table Wood Outdoor furniture Tree

· Super Moderator
55,856 Posts
When he picked up the 1650, he dropped off his MF 14. Again was sorting through wiring/switch issues. Got it done and sent home. A few pics for you folks.
Wheel Tire Tractor Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

· ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
1,045 Posts
Big day today. Worked on a lot on my 782.

Pto clutch needed extensive stuff looked over. After it bogging down the tractor, I needed to check the resin in the clutches electromagnet. Make sure it was ok.

The pto clutch was a bear to get off, the key was wacked in tight. With a crowbar, hammer, and some curse words, came off great. Got lucky.

It was, a little bit burnt through. Burnt through the resin. And the coiled wire was visible.
Wood Font Circle Auto part Metal

Needed to insulate it back up, so I used some liquid electrical tape to insulate the bare coiled wire
Automotive tire Wood Font Rim Motor vehicle

After this, I run to the hardware store to get some washers, and by some I mean a bunch. The clutch originally was not flush against the engine.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Wood Bumper

I thought washers snugged down would fix the issue, but turned out there were mounting tabs on
the side cover preventing it going flush. So away with the hacksaw cutting them off so they are flush
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Automotive exterior Wood

Then, bingo. Clutch is flush. With a bunch of washers, some threadlocker, it was going together well.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant

(Tried the mule drive out for a test fit, going well.)

Then, wiring...
Got a heavy duty switch, wired up
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Trunk Vehicle door

Once it was wired up, adjusted, and working.. It was time to reassemble it all!
Wheel Tire Tractor Vehicle Automotive tire

All good! You can see the clutch working flawlessly in the video here:

· ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
1,045 Posts
Well I finally made it work! The 5/8 belt fits fine in the pto clutch. I adjusted everything up and the deck now functions as it should. Need to grease the spindles up a bit. 1 pump only I know. Blades are nice and sharp. Mowed a tiny bit with it and no issues. Need a bolt and nut for the other side for the mule drive. Not sure what it’s called. But I’ll get one that fits. Mowed for about 20 mins to make sure stuff works, and it’s all good!

· Registered
1,159 Posts
Saturday I used my 1450 to cut the backyard. Since I got my 882 and 1440, it hasn’t been getting much use this year. It was my main mowing tractor for the past few years.
D4804706-52F9-4116-AD4F-182A48C35463.jpeg1627ADBC-AB9C-4B42-A515-21CEABA5771D.jpeg
I also did some road work with my 882 and 125 where it washed out a few weeks ago. Saturday after I cut grass, I went and dug the good gravel out of the ditch. Yesterday I spread most of it. There’s still a little left that I have to haul further up with the cart to fill ruts.
EA3E17ED-2800-421D-BE06-96B2CA1C41DB.jpeg76027B28-5C9E-4F1C-83B4-01832BCBCEDF.jpegC19119BB-9227-406B-AD04-E03BFB1C9AC3.jpegEF20B457-D11A-4C40-83CF-58845EBE61A9.jpeg9E1047A5-3200-4EA9-A9CD-2E653B803C5D.jpegD240C52C-AD5E-4D35-9969-132FB35ED311.jpeg0ACB7025-60B6-4D6E-9A56-FF0F7BB2BD0E.jpegE591C945-2950-4ED5-BA87-F05462842B2E.jpeg

· Super Moderator
55,856 Posts
I had noticed the drag link ends on Alice's steering were getting very loose. Doing a search for new ends, I came across a thread on another forum suggesting to use ends from McMaster-Carr. Gave the part # so I looked them up:

Ordered a pair. Then I remembered I need some 1/2-20 all-thread. So I ordered that elsewhere, been cheaper to have gotten it all at one place.
The new ends are longer so I had to adjust the drag link length to accommodate them.
Wood Metalworking hand tool Household hardware Gas Tool
Household hardware Tool Wood Gas Auto part

I found a straight spot and cut 2-3/8" out, beveled the cut ends and welded it back together.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle tire Tire Bumper

I used blue lock-tite for the ends into the swivels, should work fine. The all thread pieces were cut 2-3/8" long also, give plenty of thread into each part. After the pics, I did some paint touch up and letting that dry before reinstalling the drag link.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Office supplies Gas Cable Wire Audio equipment
Bicycle tire Tire Automotive tire Wheel Crankset
Office supplies Rim Wood Auto part Automotive tire

· ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
1,045 Posts
I did quite a lot today. I did my last mow of the year. As the grass has quit growing where I am. I mowed for hours with 0 issues, then winterized my mower deck.
Wheel Tire Plant Riding mower Vehicle

I then tightened up a loose lift bolt for the mower lift. Then I got my front blade on for size, and it works great!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

I then removed my front blade because I got soil plowing still to do. Then I snugged all my implements in nice and cozy for the winter.
Plant Motor vehicle Wood Vehicle Grass

Plant Wood Motor vehicle Tree Trunk

But when it snows, the front blade will be coming out.

Very happy with what I’ve got done. Also another thing. Some engine work was done recently. The engine was really low on power. Bogging down when mowing, and stalling randomly. Turns out, I needed to adjust the linkage, and remove some slop from the throttle arm. The govenor kicks in like a modern v twin now! Runs amazing. Only issue now is the weird idle surge I’m having. Put the throttle to idle one time, idles like it should. Put it down another time, and it surges. Will be making a thread with videos if anyone cares to help. Had a lot of fun.

Attachments

· Registered
Bolens 1668H
19 Posts
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

I know so feel free to delete. My newest gt has 3 ranges, high low and super low. 5 forward gears. Locking front differential. 280cc overhead cam powerplant. 900 lb trailer tounge capacity. It was built some time in the 90's. Crafted in Japan. Beloved to this day by many a farmer. This will be the brides go garden tractor. And my tree, trailer, log splitter, firewood, dragging machine

2821 - 2840 of 2843 Posts