Garden Tractor Forums banner
3581 - 3600 of 3628 Posts

·
Super Moderator
54,618 Posts
Sorry, mo pics! But I played 'musical' trailers today. Since the 5 X 12 is finished, I needed to get it out back (more for safety). I wanted the little 4 X 8 up front to get it ready to sell. Went to move the 4 X 8 out and found red wasps had a nest next to the trailer hitch. Got stung. So a trip to TSC for some wasp spray. Am hour later, I got it moved out. Moved the tandem axle out also as I wanted to mow and it needed moved over some. Got the mowing done, brought the 4 X 8 up front. Changed the hitch on the 316 for a 2" ball and moved the tandem back in. Took the 5 X 12 back and parked it. Got the 4 X 8 out front and cut the 1-7/8" hitch off it. Going to 2", fix a few things, paint and sell it.

·
( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
784 Posts
I just got done dragging logs out of the way of my trail. My craftsman has been doing good. but it stops running at 1 hour. Still fun to drive. Heavy duty!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,618 Posts
Sorry, no pics! But i used the JD 316 to move firewood into the shop. Got rain tomorrow, then winds switch to the North and temps will drop. May see low 40's overnight!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Vacation / play day today in southern Maine. Used a Ford LGT 195 with FEL to move a non running Ford LGT 125, Used the LGT195 move a few "too heavy for me to lift" rocks into my yard trailer. Towed the yard trailer with a Jacobsen 1450 . Welded a 2" ball onto my Cyclone rake tow plate ( mates to the Toro 268H GT) & set up if for leaf clean-up. Fought with , but succeeded , removing the rusted on & and bent 6.5" pulley off the Ford LGT 42" 2-stage snow blower Rt. angle drive. Getting it ready for winter. needs paint TLC, and lube.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,618 Posts
Hooked the Kensico trailer to the ST/16 and hauled a load of leaves to Aaron's garden!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I took them all out of hibernation for a ride and pictures. All but the two with plows have been sitting since November. They all stated right up, only one dead battery on the 126.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Snow
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tried to haul a log out of the woods yesterday. Didn't have quite enough traction. I could move steadily forward, but at a snail's pace with about 3 spins of the tires for every 1 of moving forward. But still not too bad for my 52 year old Bolens 1225. I'll probably leave the chore for a warmer day when I can get my diesel 65 hp farm tractor started (it was -22degC yesterday). That's the nice thing about garden tractors - they'll actually start when you need them.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,618 Posts
Need to lift the front of that log a couple inches. That will add weight to you drive wheels.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Need to lift the front of that log a couple inches. That will add weight to you drive wheels.
Thanks for the good advice. The picture below shows how much the log was digging in. I was thinking that I need a log arch (log lifter with wheels), but that wouldn't help with traction, so I like your idea better. Problem is I would need a sleeve hitch to attach the chain and lift the log and I don't have a working sleeve hitch at the moment. My tractor came with something that looks vaguely like a home-built sleeve hitch, but it doesn't quite fit, so that will be another project to get it working.

Snow Automotive tire Wood Trunk Tree

Road surface Wood Bumper Asphalt Floor

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,618 Posts
Trying to lift with the hitch may bring the front end off the ground. The log arch approach is much safer and it will pull easier, thus better traction.

·
( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
784 Posts
Well today I started up the penncraft. It was too light to gain traction in the snow but did pretty good. I took my cub cadet and drove around in the snow. Did a good job of getting traction. I was inspecting the deck lift when my finger was in between the deck lift arm and the deck arm stop. I moved it back and foolishly sliced the tip of my finger. Hurts pretty bad, and it was stupid. I’ll be back out a little later to update what else I’ll do!

Reactions: IHCubCadet147

·
( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
784 Posts
Update: finger got better, I noticed the new Chinese carb that I bought just isint working very well. For now, I swapped the old carb back in it. Running much better with the old one. I also adjusted my throttle so it will idle nice now. My cub cadet did pretty good in the snow. But it did get stuck many times. Had to get help lol. I also cleaned up a lot of the gunk on the side of the hydro. Sure it will get better cooling. I ran out of gas many times and I think running this tractor at right under 1/2 throttle uses ALOT of gas. Filling the tank up 1/2 way runs out of gas pretty quick. Which isint the best for the raised gas prices from “some nice guy”. Wander who? Anyways, she uses a lot of gas, but that’s ok. This tractor probably needs some hydro fluid as it’s a little jerky when it’s been sitting and in N for a while. I’ll be buying some new fluid, and a new filter. Otherwise hydro running real nice. Finally got to work on my garage as it was cluttered full of wood. It was actually pretty easy to swap that carb off. I do know that they are kinda awkward to fit a wrench in there. But I made it work. The turf tires filled with snow very quickly and became like a drag slick. I actually drifted around the corner when I gave it some speed. Otherwise, did great. This summer I’ll also do the job that I don’t like, (putting the mule drive back on). And I’ll be mowing in no time. Although I don’t plan on mowing much with this machine. I have 3 other tractors for that job. But the electric pto has been working real good so I don’t see the issue with mowing. Here’s some pictures of my cub cadet 1250 today!

Attachments

·
( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
784 Posts
Pulled a few logs into log piles with my cub cadet 1250! Runs great! Although, it’s a gas guzzler. Ran out of gas on the edge of my property pulling a log. Had to walk all the way across to get a can lol. Also got a good locust log as well. I’ll be cutting that up. Here’s some pics! I also got a size comparison for the penncraft 1427, compared to the cub cadet 1250!

Attachments

3581 - 3600 of 3628 Posts