Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
I said I work on them. I never said I fix them&#3
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got to thinking about this because of something that happened over on another forum (M...). They really like to move posts around over there without regard as to what the post is all about. I think they look at the title and say "oh, that belongs over here" and just move it. That's really bothered me for some time now and this latest one was the last straw. I had to say something. Probably get kicked off but that's ok, I do more over here anyway. So, that's one thing I like about this place, we don't let our anal tendencies get in the way of good, clear thinking. I like the people and the fact that we're not overloaded with forums. The registry, I have found, is a bit hard to work with but that isn't any fault of the membership so far as I know. This is a good place.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
I like that ,to me it feels just like y'all are family here.Everyone is friendly,and willing to go out of their way to help someone.

·
Tractorholic
1,555 Posts
Gttalk is a MUCH friendlier place! I don't remember what led to the format change here, but I'm sure there was a very good reason for it. I have never been a real fan of it, but it's just a case of getting used to "different". The more I've used it, the better it gets. But, regardless of the format, it's the PEOPLE that make the difference here! Although everyone here has their "favorite" brands, there doesn't seem to be the "clique" mentality. GTTalk is my favorite!

·
Super Moderator
54,603 Posts
David, I don't think you will find a site that has the 'attitude' that is here. Folks are here to help others learn about their GT's and they don't care what brand it is. Along the way, the rest of us get further insight of how these 'other brands' are built. I know I have learned a lot since I first joined. And I will continue to find ways to help anyone in need.
I have found this to be the MOST friendly oriented site around. It's the attitude to help that makes it different.

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Gttalk is a MUCH friendlier place! ...
+1,000!!!

This place is SO much more 'newb friendly" than 'over there'.

New posters here get a warm welcome, and as much help as any of us can give. I've seen posts time and time again here in the Bolens Forum, where non-Bolens guys will post to a newb just to welcome him and assure him that someone will be coming along with good info for him. I'm assuming that happens in all of the other brand specific forums as well.

Over there a first time poster is often ignored. That newb unfriendly attitude over there is the major reason I managed to score one of the rarest of the Bolens Large Frame tractors. The new owner posted asking for info on it, and I was the ONLY person that offered any help at all. I didn't know much about it, other than the fact that it existed, but remembered seeing a thread in their forum about one that a guy bought over a year ago. I gave him what info I could find. We ended up talking about it a lot in PMs, and I told him that if he ever decided to sell it if I could have the first shot at it.

Not too long after he bought it, he decided that he needed to sell if for $$ reasons. Since I had been the only one willing to help him out, he let me know first. When I was picking it up, he told me that the reason he took my offer, even though he knew he could have sold it for more, was the fact that I was willing to help him when he asked, while the other guys there ignored him.

It doesn't cost anything to be helpful and friendly, and it often brings rewards at a later time.

·
Registered
429 Posts
What's there not to like? I've been around on a LOT of forums and this has by far been the best. It's busy so there is always something good to read. It's never just about one topic. There's a good environment here and a lot of friends. The Admins and Moderators work hard to keep this place calm yet fun. There is no "high school drama" unlike some places. It also has a bunch of nice features. Such as "Thanks" the status bar and a way to view posts by how you want.

·
Premium Member
7,364 Posts
This forum is like my recliner, it just fits. Not once in my visits here have I been made to feel unwelcome. Everyone seems very reasonable and interested in helping. If you would happen to goof up it is handled in a very diplomatic manner. Lots of different brands and interests to enjoy also.

·
Tinker Master
7,913 Posts
I like the fact that you all let me come and sit in my underwear and no one points and laughs.
It's because we're all terrified!!!

I like both sites (Sorry-I'm a double agent here) but I have spent a lot of time gathering and storing information there and use it to help folks in other forums. I also have friends who do this as well. July was a bad month for many folks there and forum suffered some losses and the atmosphere changed as a result. The attitude has changed but most of the people remain there all the same. I enjoy the camaraderie here @ GTTalk and the great new folks I've encountered as well as the old friends I lost in the mix up over there.. Thanks for putting up with me!

Keep it friendly and MBWW--> Sometimes I'm online with less than that!! Trump that buster!!

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
I have to say this is the friendliest forum I have ever posted on. I like that you can express your opinion and others may disagree, but a drama does not unfold with back and forth banter. I think George and the moderation team do a FANTASTIC job to keep the forum going.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts