Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
PK Fanatic
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was very nice out, so I decided to rake up the backyard since I have been wanting to get it cleaned up. I raked 75% of it with a hard rock rake, then I did the entire thing with a soft leaf rake. It came out looking much better; however, I had to stop and take a few breaks, before winter I would not have had a problem doing it without a break. I did not gain any weight over winter, but not being active (hibernating as I call it) has definitely made quite a bit of a difference! I am sure this has happened to all of us though.

·
Old Tractor Addict
1,846 Posts
Just you wait there young man!! :poke: :poke:

Yes it has been a long winter and I think we all get a little soft during the winter months, best to do what you did, get out and get at it.

Reactions: Ryan313

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
Ryan, I could have put you to work digging an electrical trench, if only you would have let me know.

Ben W.

·
Old Tractor Addict
1,846 Posts
I knew that was coming...
I couldn't resist, sorry. This age thing sneaks up on you a year at a time, beware :smilewink:

·
Tractorholic
1,435 Posts
This age thing sneaks up on you a year at a time, beware :smilewink:
And how...Monday I ran a full skid (seventy) 40# bags of lime out of the back of the truck thru the spreader in the south field. Tuesday the biceps were SCREAMING. Wednesday spent about 12 hours driving back n forth to Ben's in Virginia and today just the regular animals and fence clearing with a few minutes of repair on the Jr Chief. Trip to town for groceries and back to evening chores How in the world did I do ALL this stuff when I was working 10-12 hr days in town??? Gotta be age cause I'm whipped.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
And how...Monday I ran a full skid (seventy) 40# bags of lime out of the back of the truck thru the spreader in the south field. Tuesday the biceps were SCREAMING. Wednesday spent about 12 hours driving back n forth to Ben's in Virginia and today just the regular animals and fence clearing with a few minutes of repair on the Jr Chief. Trip to town for groceries and back to evening chores How in the world did I do ALL this stuff when I was working 10-12 hr days in town??? Gotta be age cause I'm whipped.
Reading this made me tired.. frick.. can ya give a guy a warning next time.

·
Registered
977 Posts
You have two options for next year. One is a gym membership and the other is 10 cords of bucked wood and a 9# maul. With the first you just wind up sweaty and out some $'s and the other you can keep warm for a couple winters. If I only had room for 10 cord of poles...:D

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
You have two options for next year. One is a gym membership and the other is 10 cords of bucked wood and a 9# maul. With the first you just wind up sweaty and out some $'s and the other you can keep warm for a couple winters. If I only had room for 10 cord of poles... :D
10 cords... sounds like just enough for one winter.. I get to cut that in one summer here.. Winters are to cold and the snow is to deep.....

·
Super Moderator
55,278 Posts
Hang in there, Ryan. Your strength and stamina will return. Lucky you!

TG, I've been doing that for years!

·
Old Tractor Addict
1,846 Posts

·
Super Moderator
55,278 Posts

·
Anything Red . . .
12,075 Posts
I think I'm gonna' be sick!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.