Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says, I am on a fence with this one. I would like to have a John Deere 110 round fender but I can't justify the prices so unless one falls into my garage I probably won't ever own one. I have been know to prove myself wrong though. I would rather spend the same amount of money on a bigger tractor with hydraulics.

·
Tractorholic
805 Posts
Why a 110? JD does make a number of really nice products, but the 110 is a fairly ordinary machine. I know the round fender is rare, but other than that...... IMO.

I have always wanted a JD430 or a MF 1010, but I will prodably never buy one. Unless we move to a small farm.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For some reason I really like the 110 round fender. It is smaller and the decent ones that I have come across are fairly steep in price for their size. One tractor I would like to have is a 8n but like you unless we move to where we have a couple of acres again I won't be having one.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
tweidman said:
Why a 110? JD does make a number of really nice products, but the 110 is a fairly ordinary machine. I know the round fender is rare, but other than that...... IMO.

I have always wanted a JD430 or a MF 1010, but I will prodably never buy one. Unless we move to a small farm.
Ok, I vote you buy a baby farm then! The 430 is a beasty machine! Only seen one in person, & I liked it! I'd still rather have mt 1010, but sure wish mine was a hydro model. 2nd high is slow for mowing, and 3rd is an outright road gear, so mowing is slower than I;d like. The engine can sure handle a faster mowing speed.
As to which I would "own if I could"..........tough question. I'll have to think on that one.

·
Tractorholic
805 Posts
olcowhand said:
Ok, I vote you buy a baby farm then! The 430 is a beasty machine! Only seen one in person, & I liked it! I'd still rather have mt 1010, but sure wish mine was a hydro model. 2nd high is slow for mowing, and 3rd is an outright road gear, so mowing is slower than I;d like. The engine can sure handle a faster mowing speed.
As to which I would "own if I could"..........tough question. I'll have to think on that one.
Yea, I vote to buy a small farm too. My wallet votes against it. Property is real expensive around these parts. My 3 acres was about all I could afford. Maybe some day....

·
Tractorholic
2,179 Posts
If were talking just GT's, my wish list would be something really old, like a Shaw Du-All, or Garden-All's Gard'n Master, or
David Bradley Handiman RT, or a Panzer, or a Wheel Horse Ride-Away Senior... I better stop, I'm really starting to drool!!

·
Tractorholic
805 Posts
NUTNDUN said:
For some reason I really like the 110 round fender. It is smaller and the decent ones that I have come across are fairly steep in price for their size. One tractor I would like to have is a 8n but like you unless we move to where we have a couple of acres again I won't be having one.
So, you like the look of it?

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep mainly for the looks. I know it won't do any better then what the massey already does. I am a big fan of the metal pan seats and round fenders like dad's bolens 600 but since there is one of them in the family already I have to pick another LOL. That and I missed a one time deal on one that I should have bought and didn't so maybe that has a factor in it.

·
MMMMmmmm DIESEL
476 Posts
I am actually going to get the tractor I thought I'd never own in March. The only year that tractor had Allis Chalmers markings 1984 920 and the old man is gettin his when the snow melts.

·
Tractorholic
938 Posts
It's gotta be a Minneapolis Moline 110 (or any of the Town & Country series). There's just something about a rare beast.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jdslednut said:
It's gotta be a Minneapolis Moline 110 (or any of the Town & Country series). There's just something about a rare beast.
That's a good one. I would like to have an Oliver garden tractor, one of the bigger ones, not sure of the model numbers thought.

·
Tractorholic
938 Posts
NUTNDUN said:
That's a good one. I would like to have an Oliver garden tractor, one of the bigger ones, not sure of the model numbers thought.
I passed up an unusual one a couple of years ago at an auction. An Oliver 108??. It had a yellow body and Oliver hood/decals. I've never seen a 108 except in the MM models. I'm guessing a White dealer put 2 together with some spare parts. Should've picked it up but it went beyond my honey budget.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I seen an Oliver GT at the Williams Grove show I went to this past year. Was the only one I have seen in person. I think if I do happen to come across one and I can afford it I will snag it up.

·
1,247 Posts
Well, still new to the Bolens I own an 1886-01 and would really love to have a diesel version perhaps of the HT or Iseki series with an FEL. That would be really awesome.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.