Garden Tractor Forums banner

What is the tractor you want but will probably never own?

7K views 68 replies 35 participants last post by  reece110 
#1 ·
Just like the title says, I am on a fence with this one. I would like to have a John Deere 110 round fender but I can't justify the prices so unless one falls into my garage I probably won't ever own one. I have been know to prove myself wrong though. I would rather spend the same amount of money on a bigger tractor with hydraulics.

#2 ·
Why a 110? JD does make a number of really nice products, but the 110 is a fairly ordinary machine. I know the round fender is rare, but other than that...... IMO.

I have always wanted a JD430 or a MF 1010, but I will prodably never buy one. Unless we move to a small farm.

#3 ·
For some reason I really like the 110 round fender. It is smaller and the decent ones that I have come across are fairly steep in price for their size. One tractor I would like to have is a 8n but like you unless we move to where we have a couple of acres again I won't be having one.

#4 ·
tweidman said:
Why a 110? JD does make a number of really nice products, but the 110 is a fairly ordinary machine. I know the round fender is rare, but other than that...... IMO.

I have always wanted a JD430 or a MF 1010, but I will prodably never buy one. Unless we move to a small farm.
Ok, I vote you buy a baby farm then! The 430 is a beasty machine! Only seen one in person, & I liked it! I'd still rather have mt 1010, but sure wish mine was a hydro model. 2nd high is slow for mowing, and 3rd is an outright road gear, so mowing is slower than I;d like. The engine can sure handle a faster mowing speed.
As to which I would "own if I could"..........tough question. I'll have to think on that one.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
olcowhand said:
Ok, I vote you buy a baby farm then! The 430 is a beasty machine! Only seen one in person, & I liked it! I'd still rather have mt 1010, but sure wish mine was a hydro model. 2nd high is slow for mowing, and 3rd is an outright road gear, so mowing is slower than I;d like. The engine can sure handle a faster mowing speed.
As to which I would "own if I could"..........tough question. I'll have to think on that one.
Yea, I vote to buy a small farm too. My wallet votes against it. Property is real expensive around these parts. My 3 acres was about all I could afford. Maybe some day....

#7 ·
NUTNDUN said:
For some reason I really like the 110 round fender. It is smaller and the decent ones that I have come across are fairly steep in price for their size. One tractor I would like to have is a 8n but like you unless we move to where we have a couple of acres again I won't be having one.
So, you like the look of it?

#8 ·
Yep mainly for the looks. I know it won't do any better then what the massey already does. I am a big fan of the metal pan seats and round fenders like dad's bolens 600 but since there is one of them in the family already I have to pick another LOL. That and I missed a one time deal on one that I should have bought and didn't so maybe that has a factor in it.

#9 ·
I am actually going to get the tractor I thought I'd never own in March. The only year that tractor had Allis Chalmers markings 1984 920 and the old man is gettin his when the snow melts.

#11 ·
jdslednut said:
It's gotta be a Minneapolis Moline 110 (or any of the Town & Country series). There's just something about a rare beast.
That's a good one. I would like to have an Oliver garden tractor, one of the bigger ones, not sure of the model numbers thought.

#16 ·
NUTNDUN said:
That's a good one. I would like to have an Oliver garden tractor, one of the bigger ones, not sure of the model numbers thought.
I passed up an unusual one a couple of years ago at an auction. An Oliver 108??. It had a yellow body and Oliver hood/decals. I've never seen a 108 except in the MM models. I'm guessing a White dealer put 2 together with some spare parts. Should've picked it up but it went beyond my honey budget.

#17 ·
I seen an Oliver GT at the Williams Grove show I went to this past year. Was the only one I have seen in person. I think if I do happen to come across one and I can afford it I will snag it up.

#18 ·
Well, still new to the Bolens I own an 1886-01 and would really love to have a diesel version perhaps of the HT or Iseki series with an FEL. That would be really awesome.

#21 ·
Gary, do you live pretty close to Gettysburg? I seen you mention the area a couple times and I didn't know if that was the area you lived in. If that is where you are you are not too far away from me. We are up around Dillsburg.

#22 ·
Well,I would like to have a power king ( mid 70's ) but I doubt that I'll ever get one.

G
#23 ·
You mean like this one? This was my very first Garden Tractor I bought in January of '09. It was a restored 1965 JD110, I paid 400.00 for it, and sold it for 700.00. I really wish I still had it. I never did anything to it, or with it, except drive it around. I want another too.

Attachments

#25 ·
hooligan said:
You mean like this one? This was my very first Garden Tractor I bought in January of '09. It was a restored 1965 JD110, I paid 400.00 for it, and sold it for 700.00. I really wish I still had it. I never did anything to it, or with it, except drive it around. I want another too.
Yep, I don't know what it is about the 110's, maybe it is the round fenders and the pan seat, I just really like the way they look. Since jdseldnut mentioned the Oliver, I would love to find an Oliver garden tractor but they are hard to come by and like I said I only ever seen one in person and that was at the show.

#26 ·
My father picked up a round fender 110 at a moving sale once. It didn't run, had a solid deck and snow/dozer blade. He paid $60.00 for all. We got it running good but the rear end was stuck in gear, not a hard fix but he didn't have time to mess with it. He sold it at the NY Pageant of Steam for $250 a month later. I could have had it for $60, but passed it up Human body Flash photography Sleeve Plant Elbow

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.