Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm picking up a three point hitch for my MF14, the problem is it doesn't come with the cylinder to operate it. i need to know what size cylinder and where to "plumb" it to. thanks for any info.

·
PK Fanatic
5,251 Posts
Welcome to the site! I unfortunetly can't help you right now but somebody will be here soon who can help.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
noclue,I'm sorry,but I too can not help you.I have "no clue".

·
Fun With Horsepower
1,280 Posts
i'm picking up a three point hitch for my MF14, the problem is it doesn't come with the cylinder to operate it. i need to know what size cylinder and where to "plumb" it to. thanks for any info.
The easy answer is to match cylinder bore and stroke dimensions with the dimensions of the original-That saves lots of math and some gueswork with any linkages etc. I don't know what it is but theres lots of Massey guys here who would know.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Here's a picture of a 3 point for a MF14, 16 tractor.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

From what I know there is a mower deck lift cylinder that has T fittings on it and from there run 2 lines to the 3point lift cylinder.
They had 2 limit straps, you would put one on the cylinder not being used so the other could function.
What size the 3 point cylinder is ??? I don't know. Anybody?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,473 Posts
I'd like to know the specs on the cylinder, I think I could use that puppy on my GTV! I already have a valve like that above, except it is blue.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
The 3pt cylinder plumbs into the same line that powers the deck lift cylinder. The deck lift cylinder linkage has a locking pin to hold that cylinder in place when using the 3pt lift. If you don't put the lock pin in place, then when using the 3pt lift, the deck cylinder has to bottom or top out before the rear 3pt cylinder will operate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts