Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked thru the manuals section and never see anything about what type of fluids to use with the bolens. I just want to make sure i use the right juice . I'm guessing that gear oil would be the right oil for the gear box on my mower deck. 90 weight? But the stuff that came out looked more like 30 weight .
Either way I want to put in the proper fluid .

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks doc, that's what I figured hey since I got you on the line can you come up with vent for the gear box?

·
Fixer of Broken junk
4,764 Posts
Oh cool I have to change the front seal on mine (which is laying on my desk atm lol) I was wondering the same thing about the lube.

Guessing you cant run a thin NLGI 00 greese in them?I have a few tubes of Snapper light grease for the RER chain boxs I was going to use in the deck gearbox.Guess it would be a bit to thick for the deck box if it calls for 90wt.

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
Oh cool I have to change the front seal on mine (which is laying on my desk atm lol) I was wondering the same thing about the lube.

Guessing you cant run a thin NLGI 00 greese in them?I have a few tubes of Snapper light grease for the RER chain boxs I was going to use in the deck gearbox.Guess it would be a bit to thick for the deck box if it calls for 90wt.
I would not put grease in those gearboxes!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts