Garden Tractor Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for any part I had in getting the thread shut down. For the most part I thought it was a civil exchange of ideas.
You have nothing to be sorry for. Your belief is your creed. Nobody has a right to force you to change it.

It was a very civil thread and is a damn shame that one liberal has the right to delete it.

Just like the other forum. If you don't like it, tough $hit!

·
Tractorfanatics.com
10,292 Posts
The big O was watching. Made people nervous.. :smilewink:
Not tough, Ron. I don't need to hide. I deleted it, and probably will delete this one too. GTT doesn't stand for 'gotta trash talk'. I think this topic is just as important as anything at this time. But this forum isn't the place to discuss it.

And don't call me a liberal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Not tough, Ron. I don't need to hide. I deleted it, and probably will delete this one too. GTT doesn't stand for 'gotta trash talk'. I think this topic is just as important as anything at this time. But this forum isn't the place to discuss it.

So, what do we discuss in off topic? Raising pansies?

Sorry about the liberal thing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cat may have done the deleting but there was a lot of agreement among the Mods on this.
I don't doubt that there was. There is always a lot of discussion when an important issue is at stake. And I believe that we had a very civil thread going in off topic. Hmmmm, off topic, I wonder why we we have it if we can't choose our own topic.

Just say'n.

·
Rockstar
2,546 Posts
Kind of sad when a thread as important as taking away our rights gets the boot.
yeah, uncalled for.

I didn't see names getting called. or rocks thrown.. looked civil to me also..
I did call your governor a dip$hit... even though I REALLY don't like your opinion I mean no offense to you though.

So, what do we discuss in off topic?
good point but then again this isn't my joint and I'm not a "supporter" so I don't have a vote :D

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
I know it is a hot button topic, and I was being nice about it.

Reactions: oldedeeres

·
Rockstar
2,546 Posts

not trying to tell you how to do your job but I'm a mod on other forums so I've encountered this type situation and I've found that it's best to lock the thread with a message explaining why instead of just deleteing it.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
You know, my garden tractor hobby is my way to take a break from the world & all it's issues. Bringing all the volatile issues into our forum is self destructive. You can take the best of friends & destroy the friendships with such issues. Our focus here has and always will be garden tractors & sharing stories of our lives. Raising pansies is fine to post about too, but please refrain from hot issues that will bring on the arguments.

·
Tinker Master
7,913 Posts
The big O was watching. Made people nervous.. :smilewink:
Ha Ha.. More like Andrew and his Albany buddies.. :deadhorse:

If I was the one who offended anyone I just shoot from the hip as that is the only way to solve any problem.. If it isn't discussed, it's still a problem right? I missed the last few posts that may have got the thing yanked as I was working in the shop.. Dang- I always miss stuff.. :( Everyone has a right to their opinion and political discussions tend to lead to disagreements.. Don't slam our forum leaders for trying to diffuse a fire. My disdain is for our state's dysfunctional government and not anyone here on GTtalk.. (Unless one of our members is one of them!)

Sorry it got yanked and thanks for stepping up Brian.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.