Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
My T66x was leaking at the forward/reverse control and at the point the motor enters the reduction gear box. I found a seal kit online, PRO-ACTIVE Fluid Power, but that's another thread. Everyone loves pictures, so here goes ...

Automotive lighting Gas Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive exhaust

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Pump innards:

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle brake Automotive design
Ingredient Recipe Auto part Dish Machine
Automotive tire Wood Bumper Luggage and bags Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Auto part Spoke

Two words of warning:

1) There are 2 pins that fasten the 2 pintles in the yoke. The manual says to use a 3/16" punch and to tap them until they "disengage from the yoke." They don't go all the way out! They slide into, and come out with, the pintle.
Font Rectangle Parallel Circle Diagram

2) the manual says to drive the pintle out by pushing it INTO the case. You can't! There is a lip that stops you. You need to drive them OUT of the case.

Motor innards:

Motor vehicle Locking hubs Bicycle part Rim Vehicle brake
Motor vehicle Gas Automotive tire Machine Automotive wheel system
Wheel Automotive tire Wood Bicycle part Motor vehicle
Camera lens Wood Lens Cameras & optics Circle
Automotive tire Wheel Bicycle part Motor vehicle Rim
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Alloy wheel
Rangpur Plant Wood Citrus Natural foods
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive wheel system
Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Nut Vehicle brake

Attachments

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts

·
Super Moderator
54,612 Posts
We don't see many threads of the innards of any hydros. Glad you posted this one.

·
Tractorholic
8,388 Posts
Thanks for posting those pictures ! Is that wear on the 2nd picture of the motor , the outside part hold the pistons ? Can't remember which parts move , old age I guess lol Al

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went out to fill the hydro with transmission fluid today. At least that was the goal. I was doing well until I spotted this ...

Gas Auto part Motor vehicle Nut Metal

Seems the O ring isn't able to make a seal. When I opened the pump housing, I found there is some wear in the pintle openings on both sides. I think I will need to get them drilled & bushed. The pintles are also a little worn and they may need to be sleeved.

Eye Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Wood
Gas Rim Auto part Household hardware Metal

Oh, and a post script to my first post: The "lip" that was keeping the pintles from bing driven into the yoke, as per the manual, turned out to be the swash plate.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts