Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
54,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the engine work is on hold for a bit, thought I would do a little fabricating. Can you guess what?

Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Hardwood

Attachments

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
If the large pipe is part of the equation, then a 3pt boom lift?

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Ok,3pt. pins on the ends of the plate leaning against the pipe. The square tubing is the upright for the top link to connect to. The bottom of the tube is notched so that when welded onto the plate the centre will line up with the pin centres. The long round pipe??? I don't know about that. Maybe a flag pole for GTTalk banners?

·
Super Moderator
54,499 Posts
If the large pipe is part of the equation, then a 3pt boom lift?
You got it, Daniel! I was needing something to help with 'heavy to me' items. Did a Google search and one similar for a Cat 1 showed up. Thought I could clone it to fit my needs. I'm not done with it as yet, some good solid welds need applied but here it is:

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Agricultural machinery Tread Cannon Motor vehicle Grass Machine Automotive wheel system

Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Tread

That get's you started. The second pic shows what adjustment I still have to raise this up. So I changed lift links out to the sleeve hitch ones and screwed them down to put this puppy in the air.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Grass Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Grass

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Here's the first haul with it. More on this in another thread.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tractor Vehicle

I went with a 60 degree angle off the upright, 3' long pipe. Thought this would give me the best angle and lifting power. Think it will do fine for what I have in mind for it. I will put another hook close to the upright to keep things from swaying in the breeze.

Attachments

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Looks like that's gonna be handier than pockets on a shirt :thumbs:

At one point, I was thinking about something like that for one of my Large Frames with the 3-pt hitch.

I ended up getting something else that does the same job.

·
Super Moderator
54,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like that's gonna be handier than pockets on a shirt :thumbs:

At one point, I was thinking about something like that for one of my Large Frames with the 3-pt hitch.

I ended up getting something else that does the same job.
I've wanted something like this for a while. Just glad I have the FF and 3-pt to make it work!

Reactions: JRJ

·
Super Moderator
54,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got all the welding done and squirted a little paint on it. Added the lower chain loop and a brace.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Super Moderator
54,499 Posts
Uh oh.... :watch_over_fence: :anvil_drop: :bigrofl:
Yeah, I already thinking of what I can do with those. Maybe a neat extended frame C-cab with gin poles?

·
Super Moderator
54,499 Posts
A whoosie whatzy? I might need a visual aide...when does that thread start ????
:bigrofl: IF I do it, you'll see the thread for sure!

Similar this:

Baly-L.jpg

Reactions: JRJ and Newpaws493

·
Super Moderator
54,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I made an accessory for the boom pole today. I wanted something that would let me lift the front of a tractor without rubbing the sheet metal. So this is what I came up with. It will also be good for those wider objects.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Asphalt Automotive exterior

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.