Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got home with it. It is the 16 hp Tecumseh with overhead valves. He bought it new in the early 70s. He ran it for years but the engine started smoking too much so he retired it to the garage. It came with a nice rear discharge deck. He said that he will dig out the manual and maybe the original receipt for me. It has several things that I hadn't seen before on a WH such as springs under the seat. I willdo a thread on it tomorrow(with pics). Good Luck, Rick

·
Has anybody seen my coffee ?
1,371 Posts
Garry, I know that you know WAY more about these than I do, but my information says a 1-0385 is a 1974 C-162 with a TECHY?!?!

But, I never heard of a C-162.....
Different model number because of the different engine but still had C160 emblems. If you look at the model number for the older F250 Fords on the title under model as I recall the model for 2wd is 250 but if it is 4x4 the was 251 or something close but they still both wore F250 badges.

·
Tractorholic
1,435 Posts
Wheel Horse tractor for parts. C160 - $1 (Tolland)

<>

00606_e7glq63vKdw_600x450.jpg

condition: salvage
make / manufacturer: Wheel Horse
model name / number: C 160

Bring two front tires and small car jack. Mower deck included

I'm going for it. Good Luck, Rick
Nice save :thumbs:

Reactions: boyscout862
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.