Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,I went and picked up a set of Massey weights today Road surface Automotive tire Asphalt Red Automotive wheel system for my 1655. Tire Wheel Snow Automotive tire Motor vehicle They cost me $140.00,and he threw in a tractor for FREE!The tractor don't run but may turn into another project that i dont have time for. Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Good Stuff limebuzz, I saw that tractor for sale on Kijiji but I never saw the Wheel weights.

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well,my son and I worked on it for maybe a half hour after supper tonight an got it fired up.Just needed a carb cleaning and a plug.Not bad for a machine that hasn't ran in a year or three,and it was outside to boot.Now I have to figure out the mess of wires they hacked up instead of buying the proper ignition switch.

·
4,482 Posts
Man you did good.
Still looking for a 1200 yet.
Weight worth gold.

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
Nice score limebuzz! Those are the much sought after weights! Congrats on getting the 1200 running too!

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Nice wheel weights,and the tractor looks good for a freebie.

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I found out the rear end is locked up,so I might just swap it out with the one from the parts 1200 I have.I also found a MF 1200 with a tiller on Kijiji,I've emailed him several times now with no reply back,and no phone number to call.

·
6 Posts
Hey Limebuzz
Did the owner tell you about the idiot that was there at 8 AM and wouldn't give him his full asking price? I only wanted the rearwheels and weights. Have no room to store parts tractors.
Good to see the tractor went to a massey guy!

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
teder,no he said that their was a bunch of people wanting just the weights though.I lucked out cause when I got their it was just his wife at home so I offered her $140 and she took it.Got it almost loaded and he showed up.He was alittle pissed that she took the 140.instead of the full price.

·
4,482 Posts
Nice job there Limebuzz.
Definitely catch of the week.

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ya I thought so and the ol lady ain't so upset about me spending more money on a non running tractor.LOL

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well just came in from swapping out the rear end.Did a lap of the driveway,all gears work good.I was removing all the home made bracketry on the front end so the hood would go on properly and I noticed someone has cut the one tab off that holds the mule drive on.So now,Do I try to build one or do I strip the parts frame and repaint and use it?

·
Tractorholic
1,182 Posts
If you would strip the parts frame that would give you a good excuse for a restoration.It's already apart you might as well paint it before i put it back together.It probably would be easier and quicker to fab the bracket though.

·
1,333 Posts
That is one heck of a deal! WOW!! Are you going to tear down the rear end to repair? It might not be bad if it is not a tough fix. Most often a frozen rear end is just a rusted bearing. Just my 2 cents.

Geno

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bgkid2966,Just before I yanked the rear out yesterdayit unlocked so I drove for a bit and the right side was very sloppy and started to leak real bad.I figure from sitting outside it got water in it and froze,plus the brearing must be out as well.So I swapped it out with a good one that I had.Might investigate in the summer!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts