Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mower that was given to me by a neighbor carb leaked fuel like crazy. rebuilt the carb just for it to do the same thing again. so that led to this creation. the carb is from a bolens push mower and the intake tube is a piece of 1/2" pex. the darn thing runs great now
Water Green Automotive tire Light Tire

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Gas Wood Musical instrument

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Gas Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Automotive wheel system Gas

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
I've bought more new carbs in the last 2 years than ever before. Usually I have something around that's blown up or comes to me missing too many parts to make whole again that the carbs could at least be cleaned and salvaged. Not lately.
And when they are? The damn kits cost more than a while carb used to (and that was in the days before all the Chinese repops available now a days)
Which so far I have avoided buying except for 1 which bit me)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've bought more new carbs in the last 2 years than ever before. Usually I have something around that's blown up or comes to me missing too many parts to make whole again that the carbs could at least be cleaned and salvaged. Not lately.
And when they are? The damn kits cost more than a while carb used to (and that was in the days before all the Chinese repops available now a days)
Which so far I have avoided buying except for 1 which bit me)
i bought one carb from china two years ago for my husky 51 installed it and the saw ran great for a few weeks then it blew up in my hands halfway through a back cut. i think that the saw was used to running with the crappy old carb that wouldnt stay tuned and the new one was too much for it i gotta dig up a rebuild kit for it it was a good saw. the carbs from china are really a toss up as to how good they are, but i think that they are all re built old ones for the most part. this mower was the first one ive tried using the completely wrong carb on to make it work. push mowers dont last long cutting fence lines and such on our farm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts