Garden Tractor Forums banner

Where is the sight window for the Ford 120 differential?

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Ford Chet 
#1 ·
Where exactly is the Oil level sight window on the Ford 120 Hydraulic trans axle?

#3 ·
Do you use Dexron III for this fluid?
Dexron 2/3 is compatible to original Type A which is nla.

If not sure what is in there good idea to replace fluid.

2 ways to remove

One is suction pump through fill hole, easiest way.

Other is remove seat pan, you will see the upper tank. It has a plate on the back with 12-15 small bolts.

Remove plate and filter, clean out, put back together with some silicone on edge of plate.

Filter part# JAC545440 if you need to replace

#4 ·
Dexron 2/3 is compatible to original Type A which is nla.

If not sure what is in there good idea to replace fluid.

2 ways to remove

One is suction pump through fill hole, easiest way.

Other is remove seat pan, you will see the upper tank. It has a plate on the back with 12-15 small bolts.

Remove plate and filter, clean out, put back together with some silicone on edge of plate.

Filter part# JAC545440 if you need to replace
Thanks, I actually have the pump and tank removed from the rear end. Is the filter readily available? Also, My "Drive no Drive" valve is stuck in the drive location. Is there a good way to free up this so that I can switch it to the "No Drive" location to move the tractor when not running? I put some pressure on it and it is very tight (no movement at all) I don't want to break something by trying to force it too much.

#7 ·
Someone here ordered a filter in the last year or so from a local parts house or tractor dealer i believe.

Here is an online source, they are pricy http://www.partspring.com/catalog/product/view/id/876560/s/jac545440/

There is a set screw or a pin in the relief knob maybe you could pull the knob and get a better look

There shouldn't be a sight window on the rear end. the diff has 2 plugs like an old truck rear end, drain and fill.

There is no drain plug on the trans itself that i know of

Post up some pics if you can, good luck

#8 ·
Someone here ordered a filter in the last year or so from a local parts house or tractor dealer i believe.

Here is an online source, they are pricy http://www.partspring.com/catalog/product/view/id/876560/s/jac545440/

There is a set screw or a pin in the relief knob maybe you could pull the knob and get a better look

There shouldn't be a sight window on the rear end. the diff has 2 plugs like an old truck rear end, drain and fill.

There is no drain plug on the trans itself that i know of

Post up some pics if you can, good luck
Thanks, I just contacted them and they cannot no longer get the filter. Oh well, Somebody will have one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.