Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a heck of a time pinpointing which carb is on my bolens 1556- 01 ,, tec. engine,, oh150 or HH150 ??

Serial # 1291E --- on engine

The carb shows a walbro LMH-1 on the top of the flange going into the head. The closest thing I see is a LMH-10 ..

I also cannot find a manual for rebuilding it or a parts list for it...There seems to be not much on manuals for the 1556,,,So should I try and go by somthing like the H14,,, or H16 ???

I would like to pull the carb and clean it but would like to have an exploded view of it first.. I don't want to get ahead of myself..

Any help to get the closest info on this engine and carb would be greatly app. Thanks sodi.

·
53 Posts
That is the same carb that is on my 1556. I had to take mine apart for cleaning and it was pretty simple. If you have had any other carbs apart you will be fine doing this one. I agree there is not much to be found about the 1556 on the net. Good luck, Bryan.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
That is the standrad LMH carb, same used on the OH140 & OH160 motors. Usually if you buy a master rebuild kit, it has extra gaskets and parts to work on yours. I would say just buy a stadnard LMH kit and then when you tear yours apart, match the gaskets.

There are plenty of kits on Ebay, I usually buy from Randys engine repair, little more expensive, but he gets me the correct parts.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have an early 1556. It came equipped with an LMH-1 carb. It was leaking fuel into the air cleaner when the tank was full. Purchased a couple rebuild kits, but became frustrated because the kits were made for the LMH-1a revision of the carb. The LMH-1a uses a different needle/seat setup than the LMH-1. Now have a couple 1a carbs which work great! They came from OH/HH 140,150,160. Schematics from an LMH-1a should work fine for you.

Reactions: MyBolens1053

·
Registered
602 Posts
I did look into this and found a guy on youtube running into trouble with some of the Walbro LMH carburetors. There is a jet that you don't want to mess with unless you understand how it was put in to begin with. Other than that it's a very simple carb to work on.. Fuel pump, throttle body w/ needle and float.

Here's the video:

Reactions: sodisr
1 - 7 of 7 Posts