Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old Iron Junky
1,359 Posts
Can't say which model it is. It should fit on any tube frame. By the looks of it , it seems to be from the 1962-63 era with the gold paint on it.

I wish one like that would come up for sale around me.

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Other than the color, it looks like the one I have.

Mine is painted Green and data tag says it's an 18447-04.

Here's pics of it on an 800:

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:14027][sharedmedia=core:attachments:14025][sharedmedia=core:attachments:13447]

With yours being gold, it would probably be fairly safe to say that it's the -01

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Its for the early gold Tube frames.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, then, I guess I'm just going to have to get an early tube frame. :D

This one is now mine. A buddy picked it up for me when I spotted it on Craigslist for a whopping $1... and the guy who had it didn't even charge him the dollar. LOL

When I called the seller, he said it had been his son's, but the son moved out of state to an apartment and had to sell his tractor, and this was just laying in the yard. We talked about old tractors for a bit, and I guess he appreciated that I was rescuing it to restore. He said he had a couple of old Wheel Horses that he uses for plowing snow.

By the way, going to the NH Craigslist and searching for "Bolens" turns up a treasure trove. There's some of the modern MTD crap, but a ton of GTs and HTs, and even a few Isekis. I guess I picked the right state and right brand to start my collection!

·
Old Iron Junky
1,359 Posts
Wow! You can't that price! :thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts