Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DR. Bolens
19,140 Posts
I dont think this has ever been debated before but who was the one to first use a snowblower on a 4 wheel Garden Tractor?

I know Bolens had one on their 1956 Ride-a-Matic but was wondering if anyone knew of any other brands who had them before Bolens?

Secondly, Who made the first walk behind blower?

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
What about two wheel?

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
Reactions: chieffan

·
DR. Bolens
19,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well whats the oldest bolens snow blower?
First self contained blower was the 525 in 1961 but the casters were available for both the Gardener and Power ho as well as Handi-Ho tractors towards 53' 54'

·
Registered
9,324 Posts
Google search come up with this:

However, it is Arthur Sicard (1876-1946) who is generally credited as the inventor of the first practical snow blower. In 1925 Sicard completed his first prototype, based on a concept he described in 1894

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
I always thought Ariens made the first walk behind self propelled snow blower, and that everyone else followed suit with attachment for tractors. A Google search says Toro claims to have made the first self propelled snowblower.

That doesn't answer your question, but I think from my understanding, as far as home owner versions go, self propelled units came first then all the manufacturers offered the attachments.

http://www.gilsonsnowblowers.com/snowhistory.html

Ben W.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.