Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Anyone that has watched the show Duck Dynasty would have a hard time believing that Phil (The Father) not only has a masters degree, but also played Quarterback in college AHEAD of Terry Bradshaw.

A friend told me about him playing college ball so I just googled it. Was I surprised.

Read this. http://college-football.si.com/2012/03/22/duck-punt-how-phil-robertson-found-stardom-after-giving-up-football/

So don't let the backwoods, ******* way he seems to be fool you.

I wasn't a fan of the show at first, but it's very funny to me now. Even though its very staged.

Thought I share this with you fine gentlemen.

Attachments

·
enjoyin the livin part of life!
1,083 Posts
I knew about the football but not the masters degree,very interesting.

The show has definitely become a favorite around my house.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Duck Dynasty is staged?????
And all this time I thought it was straight-up real life!

But it's easy to tell he's very intelligent!

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
Thanks for that Ken. I didn't know about his college, but they sure did well on some smarts.

So it's staged huh? Why don't you just announce there's no Santa too. lol

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
LMAO

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Dang Ken clean up on monitor three.. Chocolate milk all over the place..

Staged or not. Its stupid humor and i love it.

·
Anything Red . . .
12,067 Posts
How about that new show, Amish Mafia? That's just not right! That's got to be staged.

·
Tractorholic
2,075 Posts
I have only seen the promos for Duck Dynasty but have yet to watch an episode. After seeing this thread, I guess I will indeed have to watch the show. And yes there is a Santa Claus. I was with the family and youngest granddaughter just tonight at the township Christmas show at the local park. His beard was a little wrinkled, but my granddaughter was satisfied that Santa Claus does exist as she told him her long list of desired presents. She must be right.

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
I was with the family and youngest granddaughter just tonight at the township Christmas show at the local park. His beard was a little wrinkled, but my granddaughter was satisfied that Santa Claus does exist as she told him her long list of desired presents. She must be right.
Can't argue with that George. Nope, not gonna try.

Sounds like it was a good time for all.

·
Tractorholic
1,555 Posts
Duck Dynasty is HILARIOUS!!! The last episode I saw had the family in their upscale neighborhood (imagine that, ******** in a P.O.A.!!) They were raking leaves and burning them on their driveway, got invited to another neighborhood P.O.A. meeting with a bunch of uptight neighbors. The previous meeting was to address their dressing of deer carcasses in their front yard. One of the lines I remember was when one of the wives (I don't know the people's names yet) came home from somewhere, dressed in her finery, to see them burning the leaves on her driveway. After unloading on her husband, the husband said, "There's nothing like a hot woman that's HOT!!" I laughed until I cried. Funny bunch!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
After unloading on her husband, the husband said, "There's nothing like a hot woman that's HOT!!" I laughed until I cried. Funny bunch!
She even let him off the hook a bit. said to him.. Well that helps a little bit... It's good dumb funny stuff..

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The big one hour Duck Dynasty Christmas special is on tonight. A&E I believe. 10:00 PM EST.

Gerald will be wearing his Santa suit while watching it I bet !!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
It gets recorded on our PVR.. every time.. even if its a rerun.. some times when i cant sleep i will just let it play on tv when i try to rest in the recliner..

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
I was too pooped to make it to show time, and no recorder here. So I'll catch a rerun later in the week most likely.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts