Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
119 Posts
I'm curious to see if you guys think if my idea here will work. Is it possible to leave the tiller on my 10 and put the snow blade underneath it?. My plan was to use a chain to hold the tiller up in the back, and disconnect the lifting mechanism from it. Then just mount the blade on the underside of the tractor. Million dollar question is will this work?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
With the tiller held in position and the lift linkage disconnected from it I would think it would work. As long as there is room on the back mounting point to fit it all. I don't have a tiller for my MF 12 so I can't be 100%.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
The tillers driveshaft might hit the control handle bar that runs sideways to the side of the tractor. ???

If that is not a problem then yes it will work.

·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys you have given me exactly the information I needed to know. I greatly appreciate it!

·
Tractorholic
626 Posts
I would just remove the tiller, it's going to be impossible to steer, way too much weight on the rear. Hard on the tractor too. Take it off, run some wheel weights, load the rear tires.

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
I would just remove the tiller, it's going to be impossible to steer, way too much weight on the rear. Hard on the tractor too. Take it off, run some wheel weights, load the rear tires.
The steering will be an issue when the blade is on the ground. Heck, it's an issue on every tractor I have :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts