Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So these past few days weather wise has been crazy! Tuesday I drove to work with the windows down it was near 60! Then wednsday we had thunderstorms turning into a snow storm over night. Then I wokeup this morning after the wind storm we had with the snow and found my neighbors car port in his tree!

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
That sure is some wind!

We have had goofy winds and weather here in WI too, 65 degree shift in two days. Makes a lot of wind.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I have tarps on the finished compost, tarps on the leaf pile, tarps on the wood pile, a tarp on the burn pile and barrel and I'm proud to say I didn't have to rehook or chase any of 'em through this latest high speed wind tunnel test!:D Wifey was awake all night waiting for the front pines to shed more "logs". I couldn't be bothered because I know my saw will start on the second pull.:D

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Yes it was very windy here yesterday.It is a wonder we still have power.Thousands of people here in Nova Scotia lost power.There were many trees and power poles blown down.One house under construction was also blown down.

Reactions: larryd

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Lots of wind and warm here yesterday as well. It got warm enough for the frost to come out of the dirt roads and parking lots making a real mess out of them. Now it will freeze hard again and we'll be stuck with the ruts and potholes til spring.

·
Tractorholic
2,202 Posts
We had wind come in early wednesday morning. It was garbage pickup day so lots cans blown over. Temps dropped from mid sixties to 38 high today.

·
Tractorholic
3,907 Posts
Well it was all of -7.4 degrees when I got up this morning. To top it off at 1:30 am my daughter called and said the Caravan was making an awful banging noise and she was afraid to drive it. She was coming home from work. I went out to get her and the left front tire was flat and off the rim. I got frostbite just looking at it . I creeped it about a block and left it in the City Maintainece garage parking lot to get it off the highway. Called the garage this morning and told them it was not abandoned and I would get it this afternoon. So this afternoon I have to go take the wheel off and take it out and get a new tire put on. Dang I Hate Winter!!

But it's supose to warm up tonight and snow again, more seat time tomorrow.

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
We don't have the snow and ice but it has been about as crazy here as well. It seems this weather just keeps getting crazier and crazier. There just doesn't seem to be any normalcy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts