Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new set of points. I havent found a direct replacement at either Napa or online. Anybody know where to find them?

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called the number 928 486 7802 And I was told I had the wrong number

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,407 Posts
bread320i said:
I called the number 928 486 7802 And I was told I had the wrong number
Sorry bout that. guess he changed his number. Been looking, but not found those points yet. Maybe member BHTS can help?

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im going to call my local Wisconsin Motors dealer and see what they have to offer. I usually dont shop there because they are very expensive.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was able to get the points at my local Wisconsin Motor dealer. They were $28.

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
bread320i said:
I need a new set of points. I havent found a direct replacement at either Napa or online. Anybody know where to find them?
You SHOULD have been able to get them from NAPA. That's where I got the points for my S-8D.

I'm betting that you just didn't get the right person at NAPA. I got the points for my S-8D (YQ12). at NAPA. Once I found that number the NAPA guy found them. This was at a "country" NAPA, so results in a '"city" NAPA might vary. But a GOOD parts guy at NAPA, armed with the YQ16 number, should be able to find them.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We looked through all the points available at my local napa. Yes, Ive seen the points for an s8d, tra10d, and others but not for the s12d. Im tempted, to take the new one to napa with the box and see what they can find with the new part #.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts