Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trying to find some information on replacing a Wisconsin S14D with a HH160 Tech. Will the Wisconsin mounts work with the Tech engine or would I have to fabricate new ones? Working on a 1476. I know there is a strong possibility that the hood will not clear the valve cover on the Tech but I have hood that has the raised cap on I can move over to the 1476 hood. The HH160 is in a G16XT that is a yard donkey and don't need 16 hp for that. Tran is not the best anyway. Anybody have any thought or ideas would be appreciated.

·
Jack of all trades, master of none.
1,133 Posts
Will probably have to fab new mounts you'll have to measure the bolt holes center to center to be sure. I'm sure they are a different size

Reactions: chieffan

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
You will also have drive alignment issues, I think. That will make the old holes less useful
BTW, if you're going to work that engine, run it a little rich to help it be cooler.
The valve seats don't like getting overly hot.
I run a dash of 2 cycle in mine periodically. Dunno if it helps, but it makes me feel better.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
You will also have drive alignment issues, I think. That will make the old holes less useful
BTW, if you're going to work that engine, run it a little rich to help it be cooler.
The valve seats don't like getting overly hot.
I run a dash of 2 cycle in mine periodically. Dunno if it helps, but it makes me feel better.
mine burns it's own oil so I don't have to worry about adding 2 cycle oil :rolling:

·
Registered
9,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mine burns it's own oil so I don't have to worry about adding 2 cycle oil :rolling:
I have a Kawi 4 wheeler that way. Kind of handy though. When it quits smoking it is getting low on oil. Dump 1/2 qt and good to go again. Never get lost with as I can follow my smoke trail back home.

I think that putting a Tech in the 1476 is going to be more work than it is worth. May have to stay with a Wisconsin point type ignition. Thanks for the info guys.

Reactions: TAHOE
1 - 5 of 5 Posts