Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Has anybody seen my coffee ?
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this '61 Suburban in Iowa and with the help of a good friend got it home to Indiana. It is people like Jeff who make this hobby and make it a great hobby to be a part of. Jeff was good enough to pick it up and store it until he came this way and dropped it off here. The Suburban has been left to sit in the weeds for who knows how many years but it is complete. I used PB Blaster and freed up the hand clutch and variator. We had thought the engine was locked but on the possibility that it was not I poured some oil in the cylinder and used a pipe wrench to give the engine a gentle tug,its not locked ! There are hickory nuts,etc. inside the shroud around the flywheel making it seem like it was locked. I'm really tickled to have this tractor and would once again like to say thanks to Lauber1 for all your efforts and trouble and it was great to see you again. Maybe we can talk you in to making over here to the show this summer.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
very nice !! I like the looks on those. classic has one as well. this really is a good place to be with a great bunch of guys to know. I myself have another member here holding a tractor for me till I can make it down to get it. you going to go for a full resto or just clean and use ?

Pete

·
Super Moderator
55,271 Posts
That's a great way to get a tractor! Lots of members here that are willing to help any way they can! Good job, Jeff!

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Great looking DB and it looks to be all there, Congrats! I started mine up yesterday since it's been sitting in the shed since last fall. They are unique looking tractors and simple to work on. If you need any more help along the way, just let us know.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Glad to see another rescue !! Seems like no matter how long these things sit around , you always have enough left to make something out of it.

Great find !

·
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone. The greatest thing this hobby has going is the people involved. That is probably what has kept me involved for over 20 years and way too many tractors (well by "normal" people standards).

So that is what it looks like! Nice score. You got tins, 3 PT., a seat, tires. You got it all. :thumbs:

Mine wasn't much more than a rolling chassis.

I need to wander over your direction some time and see what all I'm missing for mine.

Good luck with the engine and rebuild. Rick
Rick come on over any time. Shoot me a PM anytime and I will give you directions and my cell number.

·
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
very nice !! I like the looks on those. classic has one as well. this really is a good place to be with a great bunch of guys to know. I myself have another member here holding a tractor for me till I can make it down to get it. you going to go for a full resto or just clean and use ?

Pete
Pete,first I will go thru it and see what I have,maybe even run it a little first but I plan to go thru this one and paint it. The only issue I can see at this point is getting hood decals. If I can't find them,I will have some made.

·
Registered
845 Posts
OOps , I wasn't supposed to post that picture . That is my new ultimate set-up goal for my tractor .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.