Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, this spring I've decided I am going to tear into the hydro on my 1886, and I have not found a video series on YouTube outlining removal & repair. If there is some interest I would be happy to make a detailed video, but I don't want to waste my time. I learn way better by looking at a video, or hands on so I figured it may be helpful for people who are on the fence about doing this.

Also, where can I get new slippers and cam ring (If need be) + all the o rings and seals?

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
That sounds like a great idea. You should do it.

·
4,473 Posts
The seals and orings can be had from your local hydraulic shop. Last one we worked on had a worn brass bushing in the rotor. Only sold as a rotor assembly for around $600.00. I was able to find a bushing from a Minneapolis Moline wrist pin. OD. was correct and I honed the ID. to specs. I also had to make a tool to line up the rotor in the mill to bore the 5 holes in the bushing. If I remember right the hole are 16 mm. I did mark and save the tools back at the shop for the next job.

·
Premium Member
7,363 Posts
When my charge pump went bad it was the bushing and seal. Like Ducky I found a bushing with the correct OD and bored the ID on the lathe. Installed it and the seal and the tractor is mobile again. Less than $20.00.

Do the video if you have the time. I'm sure there would be people looking for assistance in the future.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The seals and orings can be had from your local hydraulic shop. Last one we worked on had a worn brass bushing in the rotor. Only sold as a rotor assembly for around $600.00. I was able to find a bushing from a Minneapolis Moline wrist pin. OD. was correct and I honed the ID. to specs. I also had to make a tool to line up the rotor in the mill to bore the 5 holes in the bushing. If I remember right the hole are 16 mm. I did mark and save the tools back at the shop for the next job.
Do you buy the internal parts from Eaton directly?

·
4,473 Posts
No all over the counter parts. I am not sure where they priced the rotor assy. Let me check next time I am up there.

Reactions: blackjackjakexxix

·
Super Moderator
54,019 Posts
A video would be good! Always wondered what those look like inside.

·
Tractorholic
8,348 Posts
Looking forward to seeing it , !

·
Registered
773 Posts
I would love to Se a vidio... I to always wondered what the internals looked like.. I have the Eaton 11 and the Eaton 12...The only place I ever heard of that fixed them was an old gentleman down south somewhere...

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Would appreciate the video as well thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts