Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't believe it...2 headlight bulbs, retainer plate & rubber hole surrounds are at $104.10 with 45 minutes left on auction! A plastic hood nose piece brought $227 the other day.
Some people have way more money than I do, but even if I had the cash, NO way I'd give that kind of money!

massey ferguson mf lawn tractor headlight assembly - eBay (item 180501902910 end time May-08-10 17:23:11 PDT)

Massey Ferguson MF12 Tractor Hood Header Grille Ring - eBay (item 370371036526 end time May-03-10 18:30:33 PDT)

An aluminum nose piece sold for $132, and I'd pay more for aluminum than plastic.

Massey Ferguson MF nose/hood piece ***ALUMINUM*** - eBay (item 260595605215 end time May-06-10 20:05:48 PDT)

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
It is crazy for what people are willing to spend. You know what is funny is all those pieces for that headlight assembly I got brand new from the massey dealer for $104 :bigrofl:

The winning bid on the headlight assembly was 125.67

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think many people just assume due to the tractor's age that parts are all NLA. Some dealers will also tell you their parts are NLA because they don't want the hassle of ordering them for you. Even then, no way I'd give that! That's what welders, hammers, & all those other tools I have are for....ain't got it....make it!

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Exactly, the only reason I bought a whole kit was because I didn't have a headlight bracket to use to copy. Now that I have one I will make a couple for other tractors. The one thing though that I do like having brand new is the light switch and that part wasn't all that expensive, the piece that was the most was the bracket.

·
Tractorholic
427 Posts
I recently found a headlight bracket with the rubber rings at a lawn&garden junkyard for $5. Found a nose ring with no cracks that the owner didn't even know was out there. He gave me a deal on the ring cuz I was buying a bunch of stuff and I found it,$45. No he doesn't have any more, and I'm not selling them. I'm not even putting the ring on a tractor until I get a chance to do a full restoration on one of them. That would be like buying some new fancy rims for my old rusty gmc pickup.

·
Tractorholic
583 Posts
Here's what I don't get.

The whole world is allegedly in a recession. One would think that prices for used items would logically fall, especially since parts for some old garden tractor are more likely to be on the "LUXURY" side of the page than the "NECESSITY" side. And yet, in spite of this recession/depression, I have watched used items for Case and Ingersoll tractors climb steadily for the past two years.

WTF?

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
hydriv said:
Here's what I don't get.

The whole world is allegedly in a recession. One would think that prices for used items would logically fall, especially since parts for some old garden tractor are more likely to be on the "LUXURY" side of the page than the "NECESSITY" side.
I agree with that statement .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts