Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Unbelieveable! Notice he doesn't show the bottom side. Likely looks nasty. Larry, you NEED to get your repro's out there & keep them there!

·
Tractorholic
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crazy, Eh?
Larry is a bit busy right now... He just got married and I think is still on his honey-moon. I think he might be putting up a lot more on e-bay if prices keep going like that!

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Wow!

·
Tractorholic
8,385 Posts
Holy Cow !! is that such a rare part ? It's not like you could just put it on, it still needs to be repaired painted anyway .

·
Tractorholic
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, they used to be rare... although you can now buy a "new" and un-damaged reproduction one for about half that cost. What shocked me was that the one on e-bay was bronek and repaired. (Poorly I would say if it was glued with gorilla glue and not hot welded with an ABS rod.)

·
24 Posts
I had an eye on those same auctions, saw the results when I got back. I still have a full plate for a couple of weeks at least, hope to get some made and listed on ebay 1st part of February, not sure if the trick is to start bidding low or what. I'm happy to sell them at our normal price.......but if someone wants to pay more... Debating on posting with buy it now pricing and/or maybe red paint finish although end user will probably repaint anyway. My last 2 auctions went for the starting bid price of $65 which was lower than the direct price since I was assuming (hoping) the bid goes higher. I'm not sure if people are leary of a reproduction or whats going on, buyers that don't leave feedback don't help the general image either. For those that find us on this forum or are refered just send us an email or go to www.gtreproductions.us The site is up but I'd like to change it some, just not sure how. A big thanks to Mike for all his help. The site should improve as we add other items & features. I've been getting quit a few suggestions on other parts, just have to find the time to start dabbling with them.

Larry

·
Tractorholic
399 Posts
How about reproducing the plastic textured dash piece for the 85, 1200, 1650, 1655, and 1855 tractors........those are even more extinct then the nose pieces!! I'm surely not the only one on the planet with one thats rubbed through where the hood sits!!! LOL! Luke

·
24 Posts
I'll add that to the potential parts list. Trick is getting ahold of a good part to use in the molding process. When I get ready to start developing other parts I'll put a post out to try and get a "loaner" or a spare that someone may have. Will hash out the $ for the loaner/spare when someone contacts me that has one available. Another key piece will be any info you guys have on weak areas or specific problems a part has so we can try to alter/improve its performance. Example is the steering column dash trim ring on the 8's - 16's , Lee says it tends to ride up on the column so when I get to that we're going to develope something into the part that will prevent it (if possible.) Nothing better than 1st hand field experience from the guys who use them.

Anyone who tried the .com address it's .us I just edited it in the earlier post. www.gtreproductions.us

·
Tractorholic
399 Posts
I'd loan you mine in a heart beat if I knew you'd make me a new one just like the original but a touch thicker around the hood lip! LOL! Another dumb thing they(massey/snapper)did was to offer no support bracket to mount the choke cable to so through time the plastic will break around the choke cable/knob......would be nice to reinforce that particular area as well! Have seen a many of them with the choke hole busted out! Anyway.......just a few suggestions! Luke

·
Tractorholic
626 Posts
I have the two side pieces off my nose trim left, top and bottom are gone. Thats like, half? So in theory that's gotta be worth $50-75 on eBay! I might actually put them for sale, just for a joke.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
mac102004 said:
I have the two side pieces off my nose trim left, top and bottom are gone. Thats like, half? So in theory that's gotta be worth $50-75 on eBay! I might actually put them for sale, just for a joke.
You never know, the way some of the stuff sells on there you might get what you are asking for it LOL :poke:

·
Tractorholic
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Honestly though... if you had the other parts, and knew how to weld plastic (Or even epoxy) You "could" have an item that someone wanted. I mean, if it could be bought cheap enough, and I had enough to use that as a patch... I would buy it to do just that kind of repair.

Remember, I took a trashed cowl that someone had lopped the side off to fit a bigger battery. I then cut out a patch from the top lip along with a better patch chunk from the bolt hole area. These were used to fix a repairable cowl from this "scrap" cowl...

·
10 Posts
Not to sabotage this post but I'm currently in the process of making a repo fiberglass dash for the 1855 (1450 1650 1655) ....this is my second mold (first one had some defects) and i am going to produce the dash this weekend to see if any defects need attention. I have posted some pics on another site of the process so far. Since my old plastic dash was in rough shape i'm looking foward to a nice new more durable one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.